We absolutely love design software here at Zabello design and especially apps. Our iPhones, ipads and tablets are crammed with them so we thought we’d bring you our top 5 favourites. At least they are for now. Who knows – next week it will probably be completely different at the rate that new apps are published! Seriously though these are good apps and you won’t go far wrong using them.
1. The iHandy Level App for the iphone – Who in the world wouldn’t have a use for this app? And it’s free! Download immediately
2. Palettes for the iPhone – Another great free app that’s really useful in matching colours when you’re decorating or suggesting matching and complimentary colours for those awful occasions when inspiration just won’t flow!
3. Carpet & Floor Calculator – Yet another free app. I know, life’s just too good sometimes! (downer alert though – you do have to pay $0.99 if you want the full functionality, but it’s worth it)
4. Interior Design For iPads. OK, this needs an iPad rather than just a phone, but it’s really useful when you’re trying to figure out what will go where and what it will look like when it does – in 3D. How did we ever manage before iPads?
5. Photo Measures. Does what it says on the tin. You take photos of anything, but in our case interior or exterior design spaces. Then you measure it and write the dimension directly on the photo. Soooo useful for all sorts of reasons, but particularly when you go shopping. Will that new car you’re thinking of buying fit in the garage? Better know before you buy it and with this app you will.
Well, that’s all folks! What do you think of these apps and do you have any better suggestions yourself? We’re all ears so let us know.